Midwives and student midwives are invited to show off their creative talents in the Annual ACNM Video Contest!
The grand prize winner of each category will win ONE (1) FREE registration to next year’s Annual Meeting & Exhibition. Grand prize winners and runners up will be posted on our social media channels (Instagram, Facebook and YouTube) and considered for use in public relations efforts. All submissions must be received by Monday, May 1, 2017.
- Midwifery Moment of Truth. Do you have a funny, compelling, engaging, or unique Moment of Truth about your decision to become a midwife? Video content should focus on how your desire and decision to become a midwife came to be — what was your midwifery moment of truth? Current enrollment in or recent graduation from an ACME-accredited midwifery education program is required for students who are submitting in this category.
- Choose a Midwife. Use your passion and creativity to help ACNM raise public awareness about midwifery. When did you realize midwifery care was the right choice for you? Which aspect of a midwife’s approach to health care would you like to share with others? Video content must focus on why women should choose a midwife as a birth care provider and/or a primary health care provider.
- Why I’m an ACNM Member. What does your membership mean to you? How does the ACNM community impact your life on a daily basis? What do you value most about being a member? We encourage creative content as you reflect on how joining ACNM has affected your life in a positive way.
- Entries will be judged on creativity, quality, and content aligned with the mission and strategic goals of ACNM — you may also want to brush up on the messages in Our Moment of Truth.
- Video length is limited to a maxmium of four (4) minutes.
- Be creative! Don’t submit a video you already use for promotional purposes for your practice.
- Group submissions are welcome! (If a group submission wins, the entire group will be acknowledged as winners, but they must decide on one (1) person from their group or affiliated education program to receive the grand prize.)
- Only one (1) submission per individual or group will be accepted.
Submitting Your Video
- All submissions must be received by Monday, May 1, 2017.
- Videos may be submitted via social media (Instagram or Facebook using #ACNMContest) or via email as an mpeg, mp4, or mov file via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please submit with the following infromation:
- Name / Location / Phone / Email
- Practice or Education Program (if applicable)
- Anticipated date of graduation (if applicable)
- Winners will be announced at the Awards Dinner & Midwifery Celebration Party on Wednesday, May 24, 2017 at the ACNM 62nd Annual Meeting & Exhibition in Chiacgo, IL.