Preparing for your Session
- Powerpoints are required for all presentations.
- Examples of participant resource materials include copies of your presentation slides (with room for note taking), lists of recommended reading and resources or inventories of websites. The best materials are ones that participants can refer to long after the session ends, such as case studies with solutions, samples and templates.
During the Event
- Audiovisual equipment will be set up for you on the day of your presentation, according to your presentation format.
- Presenters must arrive at their session rooms 15 minutes prior to the start of the session to check audiovisual equipment and room set-up.
- ADEA does not produce printed handouts. Presenters who elect to provide handouts are responsible for their production, costs and distribution.
- Electronic participant materials (i.e., participant handouts) are not required for poster presentations.
- Arrange to have your poster printed on professional semi-gloss photo paper through a private printing company.
- Posters are presented on boards that are four-feet-high by eight-feet-wide. The workable space is 46″ high x 94″ wide.
- Authors will be notified in advance of the identification number of their poster.
- Authors have complete freedom to display poster information in figures, tables, text, photographs, etc.
- Presentations must cover the same material as the abstracts.
- Prepare a label to affix at the top of the poster board, indicating the poster’s title and author(s).
- Briefly describe procedures and materials. Define all trade names first, and then use generic names throughout. All compounds and drugs must be identified.
- Prepare all illustrations neatly and legibly beforehand, in a size sufficient to be read at a distance of eight feet.
- A series of word-processed pages attached to the poster board is not an acceptable poster.
- Electronic presentations are not permitted.
During the Event
- Posters will be hung and displayed during the scheduled times and must be removed after the presentation time.
- ACNM is not responsible for posters or materials left on boards after the stated hours.
- Poster presenters are required to be with their presenters during their posted hours.