Please CLICK HERE to review our official attendee policies.
What do I receive with an in-person vs. a virtual registration?
Download this PDF for a detailed breakdown of the benefits of each registration type. Overall, both registration types receive:
- Education sessions & posters
- Live general sessions
- Awards celebration
- Exhibit Hall
- ACNM Bookstore
- Special events and entertainment
- Access to educational content in the virtual meeting platform for 30 days after the meeting ends
What are the prices for in-person vs. virtual registration?
The in-person registration rates are:
- Member: $570
- Student Member: $310
- Non-Member: $995
- Non-Member Student: $445
- Guest: $125
The virtual registration rates are:
- Member: $445
- Student Member: $265
- Non-Member: $795
Can I do a combination of both in-person and virtual?
Registering at the in-person rate provides access to the live event at the Oregon Convention Center in Portland, Oregon, along with complete access to the virtual meeting online. Attendees will have access to the on-demand library of event content for 30 days after the completion of the meeting.
Is it possible to register for in-person and then change to virtual if I can’t or don’t want to travel due to COVID?
If you register at the in-person rate for access to the live event, you will receive complete access to the virtual meeting. In the case that the meeting pivots to fully virtual, you will automatically be refunded the difference between the in-person and virtual rate.
Can I register for select days only? I don’t want to attend the entire event.
ACNM does not offer one-day rates for the 2021 meeting.
How can I download a receipt to submit to my employer for reimbursement?
A receipt was included at the bottom of your registration confirmation email. To request a copy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the cancellation policy for the in-person meeting?
You will be refunded the difference between the in-person rate and the virtual rate, and will get access to the virtual meeting and event content for 30 days after the completion of the meeting. All cancellation requests must be submitted in writing to email@example.com by April 28, 2021. Refunds will be charged a $95 processing fee. Fees paid for optional tickets, guest tickets and workshops are non-refundable. All refunds will be processed 14 days after the completion of the meeting. In the event ACNM cancels a workshop, we will reassign attendees to another workshop at an equal value or issue a refund.
What is the cancellation policy for the virtual meeting?
You will be charged the full amount and a refund will not be given for this registration type. However, you will receive access to an on-demand library of event content for 30 after the completion of the meeting. Fees paid for optional tickets, guest tickets, and workshops are non-refundable. All refunds will be processed 14 days after the completion of the meeting. In the event ACNM cancels a workshop, we will reassign attendees to another workshop at an equal value or issue a refund.
Can I transfer my registration to another member? I won’t be able to make it.
If you can no longer attend, you may transfer your registration to someone else by sending a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I just renewed my membership but when I register for the annual meeting, I don’t get the member price. Help!
If you just renewed or joined, please give the system 24 hours to recognize you as a member.
Is there a discounted registration rate for retired or unemployed members?
We are only offering one member rate for the 2021 meeting.
I’m a student and cannot afford to attend. Is there a way to have my registration fee waived?
We will have a student registration giveaway contest, giving students the opportunity to submit content and potentially be selected to receive complimentary registration. The contest will open in January 2021.
How soon can I get my CE credits after the meeting?
ACNM will email CE certificates to all registered attendees by July 15, 2021.
How soon can I access the on-demand sessions?
The meeting begins May 21, 2021 with sessions released daily through May 25, 2021. Attendees will also have access to the virtual on-demand library of content for 30 after the completion of the meeting.
How can I access the instructor’s handouts and/or presentations? Am I able to download them?
It is up to the individual instructor if handouts and/or presentations are made available to session attendees due to some universities regulations. If the content is available, you may download it from the ACNM virtual platform under that specific session listing.
How do I submit an abstract? The 2021 Call for Abstracts is now closed.
What are the session tracks and types?
- Clinical: These sessions focus on the latest evidence and cutting-edge topics that influence clinical practice.
- Academic Education: These sessions focus on issues of importance to increasing the number of midwives and the availability of excellent midwifery education.
- Global Midwifery: These sessions focus on ways our colleagues are improving access to the midwifery care around the world, and the quality of maternal and infant care, as well as how to get involved in global midwifery practice.
- Leadership: These sessions focus on building and enhancing leadership capacity in numerous roles within the health care arena.
- Midwifery Matters—Business: These sessions focus on skills and information pertinent to operationalizing midwifery practice in a variety of settings.
- Midwifery Matters—Public Perception: These sessions provide knowledge about how to influence stakeholders and the public to increase awareness and uptake of midwifery care.
- Miscellaneous: These sessions cover an array of ideas and subjects related to midwifery and women’s health.
- Racism and Health Disparities: These sessions offer focused content about the effects of racism, health inequities, and disparities among people of color, women, families, and our profession, and what is being done to address issues.
- Podium Presentation: A 60-minute presentation delivered in a traditional lecture format by speakers on a broad range of topics and offer new perspectives, research developments, or current or emerging knowledge.
- Round Table: An open forum discussion among a small group of attendees (up to 9) at a table where the speaker will present twice in one hour for 30 minutes per session.
- Panel Presentation: A 60-minute session during which a group of presenters gather to discuss a topic in front of an audience. The conversation provides a variety of perspectives and may be facilitated by a moderator. A Q&A period follows.
- Workshop: Half- or full-day training session focused on specific topics and led by an expert or experts in the field. Subject matter may be delivered at a basic, intermediate or advanced level depending on the workshop focus. Workshops require additional fees.
- Poster: Presentation of a poster on a variety of topics of interest to midwifery. Some posters are designated as Research Posters by the Division of Research. Poster presentations are informal, interactive, and designed to engage colleagues in dialogue.
What precautions will you be taking to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the venue?
The Oregon Convention Center and hotels blocked for the Annual Meeting are following guidelines from the CDC and their local regulations in order to keep attendees safe. Masks will be required to be worn throughout the buildings and sanitation stations will be easily accessible. Attendees may be required to undergo a temperature check when entering the Oregon Convention Center.
How will everyone be spaced?
All attendees will be spaced six-feet apart in seated and standing areas per social distancing guidelines. Chairs will be set apart in session rooms and floor markers will be placed for all standing areas such as the line for registration.
What will the Exhibit Hall be like?
The exhibit hall will have indicators of one way traffic in order to keep attendees distanced. We ask that attendees do not crowd at booths.
How will you address serving food and drinks?
All food and beverage stations will have attendants to serve attendees. There will be a barrier between the attendant and the attendee and food will be covered.
How will you be providing the meeting virtually?
The 2021 Annual Meeting will be hosted in the Hubb platform, the same system we used for the 2020 meeting.
How can I connect with other attendees at the virtual meeting?
An attendee list, chat box feature, and meeting scheduler will be provided for you to stay connected with other attendees.
How will I get the ACNM Annual Meeting experience virtually?
All the general sessions will be streamed live, and we will be utilizing ways for speakers to connect with both the in-person and virtual audience. You’ll also get access to all the same educational content, exhibitors and sponsors, and few of the special events. Download this PDF for a full overview.
Can the bookstore ship my purchases to my home/work address? I don’t want to carry them around onsite.
The store is not able to ship your purchases. You may wish to check with the Convention Center’s business office or your hotel’s business office about shipping your purchases.
The mobile app is complicated and I’m not tech savvy. How can I get a physical or downloadable program?
We will have a downloadable PDF program available, as well as printed copies onsite.
What is the deadline for ordering a 2021 Annual Meeting t-shirt and how will I receive it?
April 22, 2021 is the last day to order an Annual Meeting t-shirt. Your shirt will be shipped to the shipping address you provide on the registration site. Note that we only ship t-shirts within the United States.